SIGN OUR 'Feinstein's Semi-Auto Ban' Petition: Taking Guns Away Is NOT The Answer
CCRKBA - Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Urgent: Feinstein has released her semi-automatic ban proposal to the public and it is worse than predicted. Not only are there more banned firearms added to the list than described on Feinstein's website, this ban is PERMANENT! There will be no trial period or expiration date like the first assault weapons ban of 1994 it is to be set in stone.
Feinstein ignores the facts and the results of the previous assault weapons ban and other gun bans that have occurred across the country. Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws in the country yet it is virtually a war zone with firearm deaths every day in gang ridden areas.
Take look at stories, and facts that show this semi-automatic gun ban is not the answer.
- On January 31st an armed guard quickly disarmed a 14 year old student and put to an end an Atlanta Middle School shooting one student before anyone else could be hurt. This should strongly encourage schools to either hire armed guards or lift the "gun-free zone" laws if they truly want to protect the children.
- In another incident in Rochester, NY two students, who are also roommates, saw two intruders coming to their apartment but Raymond's AR-15 scared them off:
"By the time I had it out and ready, one of the men came at my door, slowly opened it, saw that there was a barrel on the other side and from there backed out," Raymond said. "The two men fled the apartment. Nothing was taken and no shots were fired."
- Feinstein's list would specifically ban the gun they used for protection.
- Everyone knows about the movie theater shooting in Aurora, CO but lives may have been saved if the theater had been in Texas. The major media did not let anyone know about this movie theater shooting in Texas in December of 2012? A crazed man angry about a breakup ran into a movie theater to kill in cold blood but an off-duty police officer shot him after he was able to wound just one person. If a person with a firearm was not there who knows how many people he could have killed.
- Prior to the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, two studies done by the Justice Department found that Assault weapons accounted for about 1 percent of guns associated with homicides, aggravated assaults and robberies combined.
Feinstein's semi-automatic ban proposal has been released and she has targeted more guns than previously reported. Here are some key parts of the proposal:
- 158 specifically-named firearms. -Many of the weapons on this banned list are used every day in America for hunting, sport, or personal protection.
- All semiautomatic rifles that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: pistol grip; forward grip; folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; barrel shroud; or threaded barrel.
- All semiautomatic pistols that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: threaded barrel; second pistol grip; barrel shroud; capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip; or semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.
- All semiautomatic rifles and handguns that have a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
- All semiautomatic shotguns that have a folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; pistol grip; fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 5 rounds; ability to accept a detachable magazine; forward grip; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; or shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
- All ammunition feeding devices (magazines, strips, and drums) capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
- Thumbhole stocks, a type of stock that was created as a workaround to avoid prohibitions on pistol grips. -A thumbhole stock is not a substitute for a pistol grip; it is designed to keep the shooter as steady as possible. They are used on many hunting and target rifles designed for top accuracy.
So along with the 157 specifically banned models, any other firearm that contains one of these characteristics will also be banned. The sale, transfer, manufacturing, or importation of any of these firearms will be prohibited.
They did cover guidelines on what to do if you already own one of these firearms that would be "banned" if the proposal were passed:
- Requiring a background check on all sales or transfers of a grandfathered assault weapon. This background check can be run through the FBI or, if a state chooses, initiated with a state agency, as with the existing background check system.
- Prohibiting the sale or transfer of large-capacity ammunition feeding devices lawfully possessed on the date of enactment of the bill. -How could they regulate the sale or transfer of large-capacity magazines when they do not have serial numbers or records of sale?
- Allowing states and localities to use federal Byrne JAG grant funds to conduct a voluntary buy-back program for grandfathered assault weapons and large-capacity ammunition feeding devices.
- Imposing a safe storage requirement for grandfathered firearms, to keep them away from prohibited persons. -Could this mean the government must know where you're keeping your grandfathered firearms?
- Requiring that assault weapons and large-capacity ammunition feeding devices manufactured after the date of the bill's enactment be engraved with the serial number and date of manufacture of the weapon
Along with Feinstein scheming to get things passed in the Senate there are anti-gun democrats proposing similar bills in the House:
- H.R. 138 would ban transfer or possession of standard-capacity magazines, targeting those that hold more than 10 rounds.
- H.R. 142 would ban Internet or mail order ammunition purchases, require a federal license for all ammunition sellers and mandate reporting of "bulk" ammo purchases.
- H.R. 21 would ban all private firearms transfers.
- H.R. 34 & H.R. 117 are both gun registration bills overriding long standing protections of gun owner privacy.
Eric Holder has joined the anti-gun attack. Friday the 25th he released three proposals to strengthen the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). It's not that strengthening our current background check system is a bad thing it's just sickening to have someone such as Eric Holder presenting the changes.
He was involved running thousands of assault rifles, millions of rounds of ammunition and countless high capacity magazines to violent criminals and drug cartel thugs through the administration's Fast & Furious program. Now he is pushing for more gun control when he and his friends have put more assault weapons in the wrong hands than all of organized crime?
These firearms have been used not only to kill a Border Patrol agent, but also hundreds of people including women and children. This policy has resulted in more deaths and carnage than all the mass shootings in the United States in last ten years.
The liberals go on TV to discuss gun control to complain that conservatives do not compromise and that "something is better than nothing." They play the victim like they are just looking for minor gun control to prevent tragedies. They say they will never threaten the use of weapons used for hunting and personal protection. Then they propose something that is so extreme like Feinstein's proposed ban; of course we would never cooperate or agree with this.
Since the re-election of Obama there has been constant pressure and threats toward our Second Amendment. The only way to counteract these threats is for Law Abiding gun owners to stand up against them. We must let the Senate know we do not support this proposed anti-gun legislation. We voted them in office, they work for us, and they need to protect the rights of our United States' law abiding citizens.
Alan M. Gottlieb
Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
If you prefer to donate by check, please mail to:
Citizens Committee for the Right
to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA)
Dept Code 7428-n-ga
12500 NE 10th Place
Bellevue, WA 98005
With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is one of the nation's premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States. Contributions are not tax deductible. The Citizens Committee can be reached by phone at (425) 454-4911 or by email to Patriot@CCRKBAUpdate.org