Semi-Auto Gun Ban Dangerously Close!
CCRKBA - Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Gun Ban Or TAX GRAB?
ALERT : Law abiding gun owners need to be on high alert. A new assault weapons ban could be introduced any day now and includes a new $200 TAX on each weapon you already own. Congress went back to work on January 22nd and here is a bone chilling quote from Senator Dianne Feinstein about a new assault weapons ban:
"On the first day of the new Congress, I intend to introduce a bill stopping the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of assault weapons as well as large ammunition magazines, strips and drums that hold more than 10 rounds."
We know exactly what Feinstein's assault weapons ban will include because she touts in on her website like it is an award winning novel. The new legislation will:
Ban the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
- 120 specifically-named firearms;
- Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
- Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
-Those 120 named firearms include some common weapons used for sport, hunting, and personal protection. Having one or more military characteristics could mean many things: rail for laser or light, pistol grip, collapsible stock, or any other look she feels threatened by.
Strengthen the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
- Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
- Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
- Banning firearms with "thumbhole stocks" and "bullet buttons" to address attempts to "work around" prior bans.
-Many of the firearms with thumbhole stocks are bolt action hunting or target shooting rifles intended to be as accurate as possible. These are the types of weapons the democrats insist would never be threatened.
- Ban large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
Require that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
- Background check of owner and any transferee;
- Type and serial number of the firearm;
- Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
- Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
- Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
-If you had one of the weapons banned under the new assault weapons ban these are the steps you would have to take to legally retain it.
-The legislation is also said to include a $200 tax per firearm that is grandfathered in, prohibit the transfer to other people of this firearm, and when the owner of the firearm dies the firearm will be forfeited and destroyed. So do not expect to hand down a family heirloom if it happens to be on Feinstein's list.
Along with Feinstein scheming to get things passed in the Senate there are anti-gun democrats proposing similar bills in the House:
- H.R. 138 would ban transfer or possession of standard-capacity magazines, targeting those that hold more than 10 rounds.
- H.R. 142 would ban Internet or mail order ammunition purchases, require a federal license for all ammunition sellers and mandate reporting of "bulk" ammo purchases.
- H.R. 21 would ban all private firearms transfers.
- H.R. 34 & H.R. 117 are both gun registration bills overriding long standing protections of gun owner privacy.
This is more evidence that these anti-gunners do not care about the Second Amendment. They do not care about our Right to Bear Arms. They are not concerned with the nation's hunters, sportsmen, or families trying to protect themselves.
The liberals go on TV to discuss gun control to complain that conservatives do not compromise and that "something is better than nothing." They play the victim like they are just looking for minor gun control to prevent tragedies. They say they will never threaten the use of weapons used for hunting and personal protection. Then they propose something that is so extreme like Feinstein's proposed ban; of course we would never cooperate or agree with this.
Since the re-election of Obama there has been constant pressure and threats toward our Second Amendment. The only way to counteract these threats is for Law Abiding gun owners to stand up against them. We must let our Congress know we do not support this proposed anti-gun legislation. We voted them in office, they work for us, and they need to protect the rights of our United States' law abiding citizens.
Alan M. Gottlieb
Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
If you prefer to donate by check, please mail to:
Citizens Committee for the Right
to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA)
Dept Code 7374-n-ga
12500 NE 10th Place
Bellevue, WA 98005
With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is one of the nation's premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States. Contributions are not tax deductible. The Citizens Committee can be reached by phone at (425) 454-4911 or by email to Patriot@CCRKBAUpdate.org