How long do you want to stay in Afghanistan?
Jim Babka President DownsizeDC.org, Inc.
Quote of the Day: "We are leaving in 2014, period." - Vice President Joe Biden, October 11, 2012, regarding the Afghanistan occupation.
Joe Biden apparently didn't get the memo...
Is that what you want? Or do you prefer...
Don't wait until 2014. Get the troops out ASAP.
You may borrow from or copy this letter...
Now President Obama wants U.S. troops in Afghanistan indefinitely. (http://bit.ly/OFa2D6)
Since you claim to be my representative, I insist you oppose him!
Tell him we shouldn't even wait until Joe Biden's debate-announced deadline of 2014. We should get out NOW.
What has 11 years of fighting accomplished? As the New York Times explains... (http://nyti.ms/OOrxRv)
* The U.S. built an Afghan security force of 352,000 rife with corruption and Taliban infiltration. This force frequently attacks our troops.
* Despite the 2010 "surge," the U.S. has failed to take Taliban-controlled ground.
What has your "nation-building" accomplished?
* President Karzai's regime is built on nepotism, cronyism, and corruption; under his watch the central bank has "lost" over a billion dollars.
* With the backing of the U.S., Karzai also stole the 2010 elections.
* His misrule makes the Taliban more attractive.
As you think about dead and maimed Americans who served this cause, are you pleased with these results? Do you feel Karzai is worth the lost American lives?
Can you tell me what will be accomplished with two years (or more, if the President gets his way) of pro-Karzai occupation?
Here's what I can tell. The results are clear. Voting for more funding for this war means you love the profits of war and believe the young men and women who serve aren't all that important.
Well, I do not consent to this unnecessary and costly war. Withhold funds from it. Instead, authorize funds ONLY for a safe and speedy withdrawal from Afghanistan.
I will tell my friends how you respond, especially if you don't give me a direct answer.