Do you want spy drones in your skies?
Jim Babka President DownsizeDC.org, Inc.
Quote of the Day: "Privacy is not something that I'm merely entitled to, it's an absolute prerequisite." - Marlon Brando
Homeland Security claims this will make you safer.
I don't buy it. That's why I wrote Congress using DownsizeDC.org's "I Am Not Afraid" campaign. Please join me.
The hardwired message says...
I am not afraid of terrorism. I want you to stop being afraid on my behalf. End your politically profitable war on terror.
I added these additional comments, which you may borrow from or copy...
The terror threat is exaggerated. Virtually all the foiled "terror plots" are FBI stings.
I don't need you to spy on me from the sky. Your drone cameras have a see-through imaging capacity to watch my every move, even indoors. I don't want that!
Can I trust the Federal State to use these drones responsibly? Why should I?
Since 9/11 both parties have waged total war on my privacy...
* You gave the FBI power to look at my personal records without a warrant.
* You legalized wiretapping without a warrant.
* You fund the NSA's recording of my online activities. (http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/1)
Drones will be the eyes and ears of Big Brother.
When my neighbors and I are being watched, especially by the State, our behavior changes - even if we're doing nothing wrong. We don't want to do anything deemed 'suspicious' or open to misinterpretation.
That's why 'being watched' violates my liberty. That's why I demand you prohibit federal use of drones unless...
* They comply with the Fourth Amendment's search warrant requirements.
* Any personal data not relevant to a criminal investigation is destroyed.
Without these minimal safeguards, your drones do not have my consent!