8 Questions About Iran
Jim Babka President DownsizeDC.org, Inc.
Quote of the Day: "Here is my first principle of foreign policy: good government at home." - William E. Gladstone, 19th-century British Prime Minister
I don't understand the callous and arrogant foreign policy of the United States, about which Congress seems to be in lockstep, bipartisan agreement. I have some questions for you.
1. Why do you want Iranian babies to die because of your sanctions? (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/12/sick-of-sanctions.html)
2. The Iranian people love America culture and hate their own government. Why do you insist on alienating them?
3. We need jobs. So why are you punishing companies that want to trade with the Iranian people?
4. U.S. intelligence agencies agree that Iran is NOT developing nuclear weapons, so why do you insist on creating a conflict over a weapons program that doesn't even exist? This feels like Iraq all over again.
5. Doesn't Iran have the right to develop nuclear ENERGY under the U.S.-signed Non-proliferation Treaty?
6. Doesn't the continued belligerence of Congress toward Iran's thugocracy make it more likely they will want to build nuclear weapons in order to protect themselves from YOU?
7. No wars were started by Iran in the last 200 years. Why wouldn't they do as EVERY nuclear-armed country does, hold their weapons for deterrence?
8. U.S. politicians have lied to the American people countless times to get support for war. Like Charlie Brown might ask Lucy, "Why should we trust you this time?"
U.S.-led sanctions against Iran make war more likely. Even if war doesn't happen, sanctions deliberately cause even more hardship on the poorest and most powerless Iranians. Sanctions also damage the U.S. economy.
I DO NOT CONSENT to these insane sanctions. Since you pretend to be my representative, you should be informed of my disgust.
Thanks for taking action!