NEW CAMPAIGN: Does the
Jim Babka President DownsizeDC.org, Inc.
Quote of the Day: "Christians to Beirut, Alawis to the grave." - Signs spotted during the Syrian protests against the Assad regime, calling for the deportation of Christians and the extermination of members of a Shiite Muslim sect.
The same old gang, Senators McCain, Lieberman, and Graham, is calling for U.S. intervention in yet another civil war. The last time they did this, Obama was dropping bombs on Libya within weeks.
We must tell the rest of Congress to stop these violent, extremist Senators. That's why DownsizeDC.org has launched a new campaign to Stop Policing the World.
The hard-wired letter begins...
Defend America only. Do not manipulate or police the world.
I made these additional comments. You may borrow from or copy them...
So don't meddle in Syria. Pass legislation prohibiting my tax dollars from being used in Syria.
The present political scene takes me all the way back to Libya. We were all so young back then.
* An Arab dictator cracks down on an uprising, which leads to civil war
* The Arab League (a collection of OTHER corrupt dictators) takes the side of the rebels and seeks UN support
* Senators McCain, Lieberman, and Graham come out to say the U.S. should support the rebels, even though little is known about them
What seemed impossible in early March of last year became reality by the end of that month. Even though the American people opposed it, the President sent the U.S. to war in Libya. This undeclared war was clearly illegal. But Congress was too gutless and unprincipled to hold President Obama accountable.
The events are unfolding in a similar fashion in Syria. Again, McCain, Lieberman, and McCain are calling on the U.S. to take sides in a civil war, saying that "no option" should be ruled out. (http://bit.ly/xfzYL4)
Let me be clear: I DO NOT WANT A REPEAT OF LIBYA IN SYRIA!
McCain, Lieberman, and Graham may be respected by others in Congress for their convictions. But they are NOT statesmen. In foreign policy, they have formed an extremist, fanatical "Axis of Error"... (http://bit.ly/z8PLfq)
* War is their solution to any international crisis.
* Despite evidence to the contrary, they equate the promotion of democracy with the promotion of human rights.
* Despite evidence to the contrary, they think democratic regimes in the Middle East will be pro-West.
* Their black-and-white ideology assumes that rebels are more virtuous than the dictator they oppose.
In truth, majoritarian regimes in the Middle East may become theocratic and even more repressive...
* Since Saddam was deposed, gays and women have fewer freedoms in Iraq and half the Christians became refugees. And the pattern seems likely to repeat in Syria.
* Last year, Syrian protesters even held signs calling for the deportation of Christians from Syria, and for the mass murder of the Shiite Alawi sect. (http://bloom.bg/kxefqP)
How does the Axis of Error miss really basic things like...
* A democratic regime in Syria won't be any friendlier toward Israel than is Assad?
* There is evidence that many rebels are linked to Al Qaeda? (http://bit.ly/xZ9M2h)
Syrian dictator Bashar Assad is friendly toward Iran. Does that justify arming Al Qaeda to defeat him?
Indeed, supplying weapons to rebels, Al Qaeda or not, will only lead to a bloodier civil war with unknown consequences. The death toll is now 6,000. Assad's father could ruthlessly kill 20,000 in day. (http://bit.ly/okJUdC) Assad may do the same if he sees this as a fight to the death. After all, he is much better armed and equipped than was Qaddafi.
It appears that any outcome in Syria will be tragic. U.S. intervention won't prevent bloodshed, and it won't establish a friendly liberal regime.
Neither pragmatism nor the Constitution authorizes the U.S. to meddle in foreign civil wars. You must do your job as the branch that determines when and if the military is to be used. Pass legislation prohibiting my tax dollars from supporting ANY faction in Syria.
You have friends that you know are tired of America's constant "world policing." Share this message with them by forwarding this Dispatch or posting this on your social networks.
NOTE: Another reason DownsizeDC.org's "Educate the Powerful System" is the very best congressional contact system on the web...
We deliver your letters simultaneously, instead of just giving you the contact information for your two Senators and Representative, leaving you fill out three different forms with your contact information and your message.
A) We want as many people as possible to use this service. So we don't charge anyone to use the EPS. But that doesn't mean it's free. And we're planning to supplement it with additional tools to make YOU even more powerful.
The best way to get these tools to you, to plan ahead and succeed, is rather incremental. Please start a monthly pledge. You can give just a dollar to cover your subscription. You can sponsor five subscribers with $5, or ten with $10 -- you can pledge any dollar amount you wish. The average pledge is $14 per month. The largest pledge is $250. Please start or increase your pledge today.
D o w n s i z e r - D i s p a t c h
SUPPORT the "Educate the Powerful System".
Feel Free to Forward or Reprint, as long as attribution and action links are retained/included. But we recommend you delete everything in this footer, i.e., below the words "Downsizer-Dispatch".