Willem Dragstra on Spain and Catalonia
I have been living in Spain more than then years now, and I have grown very concerned about its actual internal situation. Most of you have seen the recent fascist police brutality in Madrid, but it is actual the current situation of Catalonia which concerns me most. The global (banking) elite is, through the EU, completely destroying Greece, knowing that the people of Greece are difficult to rule and are of a brave nature. The plans the global elite has concerning Spain are different from Greece and I believe I might have an understanding of the scenario they are developing for Spain and like to tell you about that. I believe Catalonia, with its important capital Barcelona, is at the very centre of plans of the global elite. But before I talk about the recent Catalan situation I have to mention some things ahead.
Spain should not be seen as a unified country, it is merely a sum of several, more or the less, independent regions of which each has different cultural roots and in some case even a different language (like the Basques and the Catalans). These independent regions are severely tied together by a central government and by a centralising monarch named King Carlos. Some of these regions are claiming indepence of Madrid and the Monarchy already for a long time and Catalonia is one of them. In this context it is important to look first into the interesting and complicated history of each region. Here is e.g. Catalonia:
These regions of Spain, like Catalunya, Basque country, Galicia, Andalusia, are called "Autonomias" and the Basques has gained the most independence of them all (the Basque ethnic roots are very different of the rest of Spain and so is their language, furthermore they are know as a brave and strong people which can not be said of e.g. the Catalans).
The EU has targeted, right from the beginning, Catalonia and its influence is very present nowadays. In this context one should see the important invitation of the Catalan president Jordi Puyol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordi_Pujol_i_Soley ), who stayed more the twenty years into his presidential power (1980-2003), at the Bilderberg conference in 1991. In this context one should also see the frequent recurring invitations of the president of the important Catalan Caixabank. So Pujol received his orders from the Bilderbergers, which on its turn, is proven the be the founding force of the euro and the EU. The next video, in Spanish, shows a dramatic change of the immigration politics of Catalonia: during the time of Pujol! Catalonia received, many, many immigrants especially Muslims. The socialists that took over power of the conservative party of Pujol raised the numbers of immigrants even more and augmented the self-esteem of the Catalan´s fight of being a independent nation!
(please, understand me well, I am not against immigration, which I believe is a very enriching element of any country, I am against a "uncontrolled" immigration which brings endanger the identity of a country in particular).
Until the crisis hit hard in Catalonia many funds arrived from the EU, many projects --bribes were taken by the local politicians and the Catalan elite-- were issued and many new (public and cultural) building and real estate were constructed. From this remote and more recent historical perspective it is important to see the following facts developing more recently:
1) The important nationalist catalan (Nobel) family Vila d´Abadal tries to gain control over the small but important conservative party "Union" which forms part of the actual Catalan government (one of there ancestors founded that party and the family has an extensive record in fighting for Catalonia to be independent).
2) 9-11 is important date related to the struggle of the Catalan indepentia. At that date a convoked manifestation in Barcelona brought one to two million people on the streets (believing that a free Catalonia would bring relieve of the sever suffering of the economic crisis). I Arrived that day from a visit of my family and got caught in the middle of the huge manifestation, observing that about an 80% of the people were youngsters in there tens and twenties.
3) Josep Maria Vila d'Abadal, the mayor of the small but important town of Vic, declares the town free and independent from Spain: se declara territorio ´libre y sobrano´de Cataluña.
4) Artur Mas, the actual president of Catalonia, expresses Catalonia´s will to be independent (financially) from Spain and initiate, supported by the Catalan parliament, a referendum concerning the Indepence of Catalonia. This referendum will be held soon.
5) Mariano Rajoy, the actual president of Spain, denies this request of a referendum and says that, that act would be not constitutional.
6) The Kings gets involved (rarely gives opinions about political situations) and warns Catalunya. Also within military circles some warning were issued as well.
7) More recent the Spanish Congress declines the Catalan referendum:
8) And finally, yesterday, some Spanish fighter jets flew, in a attack mode, closely over a small Nordic Catalan town called Ripoll (a student told me that some people of Ripoll got so afraid that they run of the France which is very near to that town)
The military response was that they were only practising......
The obvious conclusion is that Catalonia is on a collision curse with the Spain Monarch and the military...
And I did not even discusse the fact that the large muslim community in Catalonia could be violentely activated as well......