HEATH LEDGER: WAS DEATH DUE TO PSYCHO DRUG IN DIET COKE AND INTERACTION? / ASPARTAME (NUTRASWEET) TOXICITY INFO CENTER
Dr. Betty Martin /
Posted: 04 February 2008
Heath Ledger was a Diet Coke drinker according to reports. He also suffered from bipolar symptoms, and was on Ambien CR plus anti-depressants (SSRI's) and even illegal drugs.
Aspartame marketed as NutraSweet, E951 or 951, Equal, Canderel, etc. is a psycho drug that changes brain chemistry. Ralph G. Walton, M.D.. Medical Director, Safe Harbor Behavioral HealthProfessor of Clinical Psychiatry, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine. says:"The dipeptide component of the molecule can alter brain chemistry, significantly changing the ratio of catecholamines to indolamines, with resultant lowering of seizure threshold, production of carbohydrate craving and in vulnerable individuals leading to panic, depressive and cognitive symptoms."
Dr. Walton said further: "The neurochemical impact of aspartame on the brain is fairly complicated. Not only does it decrease the availability of the building block for serotonin (L-tryptophan), but one of the two amino acids that comprise aspartame, phenylalanine, is a precursor for another very important neurotransmitter, norepinephrine. Papers which I published in 1986 and 1993 discuss what I believe is the clinical impact (accentuating depressive illness) of altering the balance between these 2 neurotransmitters (norepinephrine and serotonin). There is evidence that the therapeutic effect of antidepressants can be blocked by parachlorophenylalanine - a form of phenylalanine- one of the major constituents of aspartame. Administration of this substance has also been associated with aggression and binging.
So it is certainly established that aspartame changes brain chemistry, and interacts with anti-depressants. The phenylalanine in aspartame depletes serotonin triggering bipolar, suicidal tendencies, panic attacks, paranoia, hallucinations, schizophrenic, mood swings, insomnia, anxiety, etc.
H. J. Roberts, M.D., authored the medical text: Aspartame Disease: An Ignored Epidemic, http://www.sunsentpress.com and it has chapters on the issue and goes into bipolar and the many psychiatric and behavioral problems. In one paper he reports: "The phenylalanine in aspartame dissociates from the ester bond and increases dopamine levels in your brain. This can lead to symptoms of depression because it distorts the serotonin/dopamine balance." He goes into in depth information on all the components of aspartame and the mental problems.
Dr. Roberts says aspartame interacts with all antidepressants. On page 468/469 he gives some general considerations why aspartame may either reduce or potentiate drug action by various mechanisms. A few possibilities are listed:
- Alteration of the blood proteins to which drugs attach.
- Alteration of drug receptors on cell membranes.
- Changes in the sites at which impulses are transmitted along nerves and to muscle.
- Metabolic abnormalities in the elderly that are known to enhance their vulnerability to drug reactions. This problem increases in the case of persons taking multiple drugs (polypharmacy) prescribed by several physicians.
Interference with drug action by amino acids and protein. An example is the erratic therapeutic effectswhen patients with parkinsonism who were controlled on levodopa began to use aspartame products. The antagonism of levodopa by dietary protein presumably reflects impaired transport from serum across the blood brain barrier by neutral amino acids.
Regarding antidepressant drugs he specifically states that aspartame may interfere with the action of important drugs used to treat depression, particularly imipramine (a tricyclic antidepressant). Further he states the monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI's), another group of antidepressant drugs can have additional adverse effects when aspartame is consumed. These include phenelzine (Nardil), isocarboxazide (Marplan) and tranylcypromine (Parnate). It is pertinent that hypertensive crises have occurred in patients so treated after they consumed foods and beverages containing tyramine and tryptophan. This response probably represents vasospasm caused by amino acid-derived sympathomimetic substances such as norepinephrine and tyramine.
With reference to Prozac he says the serotonin elevating action of fluoxetine (Prozac) for treatment of depression could be counteracted by aspartame. It can block tryptophan entry into the brain, thereby inhibiting synthesis of serotonin.
James Bowen, M.D., reports: "Because aspartame in the processes of digestion and metabolism, forms about ten other known severe poisonings, and intermediate metabolites, it's potential for drug related interactions is immeasurable" .. "Aspartame is a known destroyer of DNA. The mitocondrial DNA (MtDNA) is especially damaged, yielding the present epidemic of disease aspartame consuming mothers pass on to all future generations. Aspartame also directly damages the mitochondria, thus having a "double whammy" effect on mitochondrial function! The summation of these many known severe toxicities and its immune, genetic, mitochondrial, and metabolic damages, make clear aspartame will not only cause many diseases, which the FDA and CDC have already noted but it has pathways of approach to interact adversely with every conceivable pharmaceutical."
It's obvious why Heath Ledger was taking antidepressants; he was consuming a psycho product that triggers mental illness and has caused an epidemic of bipolar. Read Dr. Walton's recent article which goes into bipolar: http://www.mpwhi.com/aspartame_and_psychiatric_disorders.htm
Last summer Abby Cormack from New Zealand made world news when she was poisoned by aspartame from Wrigley's gum. She was about to be diagnosed as bipolar when she decided to research her problems and found http://www.dorway.com Read her story: http://www.mpwhi.com/abby_cormack_story.htm Aspartame experts reviewed her medical history and here is that report as well. http://www.mpwhi.com/experts_on_aspartame_and_abby_cormack.htm
Several years ago Time Magazine's front page cover article announced a million children had bipolar. Keep in mind this is an adult disease so a dead giveaway this psycho drug may have been the cause since aspartame knows no age. Some pharmaceutical companies have voluntarily agreed to remove cough syrups and such sold over-the-counter because of the alarm of problems including death discussed by a pediatric organization. Check most of them and you'll see that flavored cough syrups and chewable products usually are sweetened with aspartame which triggers sudden death. Here is a SIDS death, where the baby was using aspartame products: http://www.wnho.net/sweetened_horror_story.htm
A study in Boston last summer and this recent one http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=healthNews&storyid=2008-01-23T003235Z_01_N22536594_RTRUKOC_0_US-HEART-MEAT.xml link diet sodas with cardiac problems. Aspartame triggers an irregular heart rhythm, interacts with cardiac medication, damages the cardiac conduction system and causes sudden death.
Neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock, M.D., wrote Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills, http://www.russellblaylockmd.com The aspartic acid in aspartame is the excitotoxic component and it has a synergistic and additive effect with MSG. http://www.truthinlabeling.org Dr. Blaylock explains: "One of the intriguing associations with excitotoxins of all types is the occurrence of sudden death. We know that one of the primary sites of actions of these excitatory substances is the hypothalamus and that sudden cardiac death can be induced by stimulating the hypothalamus. It is entirely possible excitotoxic stimulation of these hypothalamic centers could also lead to cardiac arrhythmia and sudden death. Hypothalamic stimulation has also been shown to produce an ECG pattern exactly like that of myocardial infarction. Combinations of excitotoxins such as aspartic acid and glutamate, greatly increase the risk."
Read Dr. Blaylock's Athlete Alert on Sudden Cardiac Death due to aspartame: http://www.wnho.net/aspartame_msg_scd.htm Of importance to anyone using aspartame is his paper: "What To do If You Have Used Aspartame": http://www.wnho.net/wtdaspartame.htm
Dr. H. J. Roberts wrote on aspartame arrhythmias and sudden death: http://www.wnho.net/aspartame_and_arrhythmias.htm
Before a cause of death can be accurately established in the case of Heath Ledger this information from world renowned physicians should be taken into consideration. The poison also triggers dyspnea and pulmonary hypertension and questions should be raised about this: http://100777.com/doc/292?PHPSESSID=0a417e78c7d64d9b40bbfc3300ac3713 You would expect an autopsy to probably see the cardiac damage or perhaps cardiomegaly, pulmonary edema and even a fatty liver. The free methyl alcohol converts to formaldehyde and embalms living tissue and damages DNA. Most toxicity is in the liver. Here is the study: http://www.mpwhi.com/formaldehyde_from_aspartame.pdf Pre-embalmed and sudden death is about as bad as it gets but the ravages of aspartame disease go from neurodegenerative diseases to brain tumors. The Ramazzini Studies in Italy reported in 2005 and 2007 showed aspartame to be a multipotential carcinogen confirming original studies. The FDA just ignored these studies like it has the last 13 showing aspartame toxicity.
When will it stop? The article by Chris Wheeler, Mission Possible New Zealand is aptly titled: Dying For A Diet Coke: http://www.rense.com/general78/dying.htm Why is it on the market? For the same reason as tobacco, profit, addiction and greed. The free methyl alcohol causes chronic methanol poisoning which affects the dopamine system of the brain, and this causes the addiction. The methanol is classified as a narcotic, and this is being fed to our children, even in pediatric prescription drugs and pediatric vitamins. An additive by law must be inert. Aspartame is an addictive excitoneurotoxic carcinogenic drug that interacts with other drugs and vaccines. Any questions on the epidemic of autism, ADD, ADHD and other birth defects? Aspartame is also a teratogen, causing birth defects and mental retardation.
See the Aspartame documentary, Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World, http://www.soundandfury.tv James Turner, Atty, in Washington DC explains how Don Rumsfeld, when he was CEO of G. D. Searle who manufactured aspartame got this poison on the market when the FDA said "no": http://www.soundandfury.tv/pages/rumsfeld2.html The FDA who tried to have Searle indicted for fraud, but now gives its loyalty to aspartame manufacturers. The whole time line is in the prestigious Ecologist: http://www.mpwhi.com/ecologist_september_2005.pdf It starts out with "Once upon a time, there was a biochemical warfare weapon"..
A Citizens Petition for ban six years ago has not been answered by the FDA who by law only has 180 days. An amendment sent in October based on an imminent health hazard has been ignored. Legislators in Hawaii have recently introduced bills to ban. A bill was introduced last year in New Mexico. 47 members of Parliament have asked for a ban of aspartame. A petition is circulating in New Zealand for a ban. What does it take to get this poison off the planet and close down manufacturers like Ajinomoto and Merisant who have full knowledge of its toxicity?
In one article about Heath Ledger famed forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden is quoted as saying Ledger's jittery and rubbing antics on TV are indicative of "manic" behavior. Baden also says his toxicology results should answer whether he had "automatism". This is when a patient forgets he has taken a medication. Heath was taking Ambien CR, a very dangerous drug that causes amnesia and even reported as such in TV ads. Memory loss from aspartame is so common its #9 on the FDA list of 92 symptoms.
In Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World you will see Diane Fleming in a Virginia prison where she has been for 5 years for poisoning her husband with methanol. Her athletic husband drank Diet Coke all day long along with other aspartame products and drugs. Before he died he took 3 times the amount of creatine in Gatorade. Think of Charles Fleming as someone standing in a cliff. This is all it took to knock him down. The former detective said "she is innocent but I couldn't stop the indictment because I was promoted". She took three lie detector tests and passed. When a jury was asked why they convicted her without evidence, their answer was she showed no emotion. She couldn't, you see, she was on aspartame and her doctor put her on the extreme tranquilizer Zoloft because she was a basket case at being indicted. Aspartame and Zoloft interact!
Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum.
Founder, Mission Possible World Health International
9270 River Club Parkway
Duluth, Georgia 30097
Aspartame Toxicity Center: http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame
(See article below)
By Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum.
Mission Possible International
9270 River Club Parkway
Duluth, Georgia 30097
Web Site: http://www.mpwhi.com
Detailed scientific and general documentation regarding the toxicity of nutrasweet, Equal, diet coke, diet pepsi, and other aspartame containing items. Web page includes real life reports of acute and chronic toxicity due to long-term ingestion.
- Nutrasweet Toxicity Reaction Samples - Internet (Updated 02/1/2011)
- Nutrasweet Toxicity Reaction Samples - Postal Mail
- Personal Testimonies of Aspartame Victims (Offsite)
- Case Histories? Questions?
- Recent Independent Aspartame Research Results (1998-2008)
- Formaldehyde Toxicity & Accumulation from Aspartame
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) with Referenced Answers
- Aspartame: Abuse of the Scientific Method (Detailed & Referenced Articles)
- Independent Researchers: Publications & Statements on Aspartame
- Survey of Aspartame Studies, Correlation of Outcome & Funding Sources
- Vision Damage From Aspartame
- Aspartame/NutraSweet Review Draft (1995)
- Healthier Sweetener Resource Center
- Aspartame Detoxficiation
- Nutrasweet Is Bad For Everyone (Long-Term Use)
- Sucralose / Splenda Toxicity Information Center
- Short Aspartame Article - Updated 4/1/95 (ASCII/Plain Text)
- 5 Simple Steps to Help Yourself & Others Avoid Chronic Aspartame Poisoning
- Advanced Steps to Help Stop Chronic Poisoning
- Aspartame Dangers in Pregnancy
- Short Adverse Reaction Questionnarie
- Neuroscientist Russell Blaylock on Aspartame
- Fox 5 News Report on Aspartame
- Donald Rumsfeld Involvement in Aspartame
- “Sweet Misery, A Poisoned World” Documentary | (Order)
- “Sweet Remedy: The World Reacts” Documentary Trailer | (Sweet Remedy Movie Web Site) | (Order)
- Aspartame & Cancer Risk
- Aspartame - 60 Minutes News Report
- Aspartame - Sweet Sickness - WTVJ (NBC) News Report: Part 1 | Part 2
- Dr. Woodrow Monte Radio Interviews
- Excitotoxin (Aspartame, MSG) presentation by Neuroscientist Russell Blaylock
- Interview with Aspartame Expert Corrine Gouget in French: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
- Aspartame (NutraSweet): Is It Safe? by H.J. Roberts, MD
- Aspartame Disease: An Ignored Epidemic by H.J. Roberts, MD ( Direct Amazon.com link).
- Sweet Deception by Dr. Joseph Mercola ( Direct Amazon.com link).
- Sweet Poison by Janet Starr Hull ( Direct Amazon.com link).
- Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills by Russell Blaylock, MD
- additifs alimentaires: Le guide indispensable pour ne plus vous empoisonner (French) by Corinne Gouget
- Food Science Professor Woodrow Monte Scientific Articles & Resources on Aspartame
- Dorway to Discovery: Aspartame Megasite
- Mission Possible International: Worldwide Network & News on Aspartame
- WNHO Aspartame Support/Discussion Group
- Aspartame Email Support Group
- Aspartame Victims Support Group
- Aspartame Dangers Revealed and Aspartame Detox Program
- Rich Murray's Extensive & Ongoing Scientific Blog Related to Aspartame Toxicity (Also available: here.
- AspartameKills -- Articles & Video/Radio Broadcasts
- Aspartame Consumer Safety Network (ACSN)
- Aspartame News (Latest)
- Dr. Russell Blaylock, MD: World Expert on Aspartame and Excitotoxins
- Ban Aspartame Web Page (Greece) from Dr Costas Giannakenas MD
- Sweet Poison (NutraSweet) and NutraPoison and Ant Poison by Alex Constantine
- Aspartame Controversy: Wikipedia
Selection of adverse effects from short-term and/or long-Term use
Note: It often takes at least sixty days without *any* aspartame or nutrasweet to see a significant improvement. Improvement in health is also often accompanied by weight loss. Check all labels very carefully (including vitamins and pharmaceuticals). Look for the word "aspartame" on the label and avoid it. (Also, it is a good idea to avoid "acesulfame-k" or "sunette.") Finally, avoid getting nutrition information from junk food industry PR organizations such as IFIC or organizations that accept large sums of money from the junk and chemical food industry such as the American Dietetic Association.
- seizures and convulsions
- migraines and severe headaches (Trigger or Cause From Chronic Intake)
- memory loss (common toxicity effects)
- slurring of speech
- numbness or tingling of extremities
- chronic fatigue
- panic attacks (common aspartame toxicity reaction)
- marked personality changes
- rapid heart beat, tachycardia (another frequent reaction)
- chest pains
- hypertension (high blood pressure)
- nausea or vomitting
- abdominal pain
- swallowing pain
- hives / urticaria
- other allergic reactions
- blood sugar control problems (e.g., hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia)
- menstrual cramps and other menstraul problems or changes
- impotency and sexual problems
- food cravings
- weight gain
- hair loss / baldness or thinning of hair
- burning urination & other urination problems
- excessive thirst or excessive hunger
- bloating, edema (fluid retention)
- infection susceptibility
- joint pain
- brain cancer (Pre-approval studies in animals)
Aspartame Disease Mimmicks Symptoms or Worsens the Following Diseases
- multiple sclerosis (MS)
- parkinson's disease
- multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS)
- diabetes and diabetic Complications
- alzheimer's disease
- birth defects
- chronic fatigue syndrome
- lyme disease
- attention deficit disorder (ADD and ADHD)
- panic disorder
- depression and other psychological disorders
Thank You To These & Other Archives For Listing My Site
- nutri sweet
- Equal's Million Dollar Difference Giveaway
- Team Equal
- Equal Measure
- diet soda
- diet coke
- diet pepsi
- diet sprite
- pepsi light
- pepsi max
- crystal light
- artificial sweetener
- sweet one
- sweet & safe
- scientific fraud
- weight loss