How and WHEN you should use your firearm
Handgun self-defense from A to Z
Video training series prepares you for real-life scenarios
So you have a handgun. Good.
It is said the first rule of gun fights is: Have a gun.
But almost as important would be this "second" rule: Don't come in second.
Because the second-place finisher in a gun fight - or any encounter involving deadly force - is generally not going end up on the podium at all, but rather in a six-foot hole in the ground.
If you own a gun for self-defense purposes, it is negligent - almost criminally or suicidally negligent - not to watch and learn from a training program such as you will get in this series of videos.
The WND Superstore recently received a new Armed Response DVD:
Black Rifle Boot Camp explores the configurations, accessories and options available on America’s favorite rifle, the AR15. One of the most versatile and adaptable rifle platforms ever made, discover how the AR can be customized for use in defense, sports and hunting. Learn the proper method to operate the controls, how to run the gun, various shooting positions, marksmanship and maintenance. If you are new to the AR15, this DVD is a must!
This DVD covers:
Direct Gas Impingement and Gas Piston Systems
Options in Barrels, Handguards, Triggers, Sights and Optics
Best Methods of Operating the Controls
Loading, Unloading and Reloading
Standing, Kneeling, Sitting and Prone Shooting Positions
Proper Marksmanship for Accurate Shooting
Disassembly and Function Checking
Cleaning and Lubrication
Much, Much More!
Watch the trailer below:
Complete descriptions of each of the DVDs are below, and you can purchase each of the five at outstanding discount prices from the WND Superstore. However, the bundles are an even better deal, and probably you will want more than one of the videos. So please note:
- You can get the first three DVDs in a discount bundle covering "Shooting Fundamentals, Tactics, and Drills," or,
- You can get five DVDs in the "Armed Response: Complete Training Bundle".
You will learn physically how to react by training your muscle memory. But you will also learn to think with a tactical mindset - and that is why these videos will be such an immediate welcome addition to your DVD collection.
Upon the first viewing you will realize how much you've been missing. If you have range experience and book knowledge, watching the "Armed Response" videos for the first time will be like having a veil lifted as you immediately recognize what a key piece of the learning process you've thus far neglected.
Think for a moment how unprepared you probably are, if you don't have police or military training.
If a potentially violent situation begins to arise on the street, or at the store, or while you are in your car or even in your home: What exactly are you going to do with that gun you've been carrying or keeping at the ready?
Among the many other "what ifs" the "Armed Response" training program covers:
- What to do if strangers knock at your door.
- The very first actions you must take after shooting someone.
- Drawing a gun in close quarters, in a car or when seated behind a desk.
- Getting your gun out of the holster and past your concealed carry covering garments.
- When to challenge, and when to shoot.
- What will happen to you under a "body alarm" reaction.
- Order of shooting when faced with multiple assailants, and what you will have to do with your arms.
- Protecting a third party.
- Learning one-handed responses, which "seem to have some hard-wiring in our brain."
- And all of the precise types of actions you need to practice to keep your muscle memory acute and strong.
These outstanding presentations by Ralph Mroz and David Kenik are crisp, clear and absent any wasted time or effort (as the good tactical mindset should be). Most of the DVDs are over 2 hours long, and the total of over 11 hours of instruction is 100% solid information.
Watch the sample below:
The most important take away is that the techniques that apply at the range or in pistol competitions can get you killed in tactical situations.
You - as an individual needing to protect yourself or loved ones - will need entirely different training than that of a competitive shooter or member of a SWAT team.
With his law enforcement background, Mroz often takes issue with standard or traditional instructions you might have received. "Many instructors teach .... " is followed by "Our advice is .... "
Those new to shooting will likely go back and forth - from the video to the range - more often. For all shooters, these videos will bear rewatching periodically to fully incorporate the detailed series' of specific instructions.
But these are by no means videos that require active exercises with your gun.
If you are serious about using a handgun for self-defense and the defense of your loved ones, chances are you will pop the first DVD into the player and then tear through these lessons in huge chunks of consecutive time - because you will begin the process of VISUALIZATION: Thinking through these scenarios, on your own, ahead of time.
Watching these DVDs will be a rewarding and entertaining way to spend a few hours in the evenings, or accompanied by a pot of coffee or tea on a rainy day.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: These "Armed Response" training videos will be among your most valued and frequently- referenced self-defense resources, but they are not meant to substitute for in-person classes and hands-on practice.
In this first video in the series, which serves as the foundation for the rest, you will learn how to develop combat accuracy at combat speeds under combat situations. (The entire "Armed Response" series is set up to view in succession, because the lessons of each recall the ones previous.)
- Loading, unloading and reloading: including Hick's law, speed and tactical reloading, magazine management, and reloading the revolver.
- Updating the "four rules" of gun safety that every gun user should already know by heart.
- A full exploration of concealed carry options, with the pros and cons of each.
- Ideal vs realistic concepts of "stopping power."
- Not only how to fix malfunctions, but how to induce them in order to practice.
Watch the trailer below:
Just because you "have a gun" does not mean it's going to extradite you from deadly force situations you might encounter.
You will learn:
- Massad Ayoob's four priorities of survival.
- Recognizing dangerous circumstances taking shape around you.
- The Tueller Drill.
- Empty hands self-defense in concert with gun fighting.
- When your firearm should come out.
- How to move around with a gun in your hand.
- Pieing cover and working from behind cover. How much of the bad guy you can get in line with your muzzle.
- Defense while at home or in a car - where to carry or keep your gun.
- Response time: Your limitations.
- And much more.
Watch the trailer below:
You will delve into developing the all-important "kinesthetic feel" for actions you will need to take in violent situations.
- Marksmanship drills: different target types and configurations to prepare you for real-life situations, including the "drill that is the core of most target-based skill development."
- Building "core attributes" exactly for the same reasons that athletes do bench presses and squats.
- Shooting while moving.
- Modulating speed shooting and accuracy.
- Drills that mimic the situations that will complicate scenarios in the typical person's mind.
- Recognising visual cues of an impending assault.
- How to shoot at a moving target (and the best $100 training device you can get for practicing).
- "Surprise" judgment drills.
- Extensive, specific instructions for setting up force-on-force training scenarios, including the types of mistakes that have led to tragedies in the past, safety protocols and protective equipment.
Certain of these exercises will be difficult to set up even at an outdoor range, and a few you will possibly never attempt. Because of the logistical requirements for practicing some of these drills with live ammunition, you may not be able to practice them with any frequency.
But seeing what Mroz drills on will open your eyes to things you can be doing and envisioning if you have a bit of creativity.
Watch the trailer below:
If you carry a handgun or keep one at the ready for self-defense purposes, you probably know that using your gun to shoot another person - regardless of whether the shooting is justified by law - is going to cause you a world of hurt.
Indeed, as Mroz points out, the true "#1 rule of gun fighting" is: The only fight you really win is the fight you avoid.
This is the training session that will help you understand all those bits of information that will determine your and your family's future, from that possible moment onward.
This DVD can be as big a life-changer as all the others put together.
One of the key legal points here is: If you are going to carry a gun or keep one nearby, you need to hold yourself to a much higher standard of behavior than those who are unarmed. In this series of lessons, Mroz covers the vast array of extremely critical rules you must fully understand in order to make the right decisions in using or not using your gun against another person.
Some of the issues covered are:
- The level of force with which you are legally allowed to respond to an attacker.
- The "reasonable man" standard.
- "Imminence," and what it means in various circumstances.
- Reengagement (and note that some of the rules on this are extremely counterintuitive).
- The "mantle of innocence": When you have it, and how you lose it.
- The myth of the hierarchy of deadliness.
- Keeping records as discoverable evidence - which few of us have likely ever done.
- Intervening on a third party's behalf, which should be a very carefully considered decision, always.
- Finding an attorney - not as easy as you might think, if you intend to be the innocent party, and something you need to do ahead of time.
- And when carrying or using a gun for self-defense, the main things you don't want to ever do, including right now.
These rules should be reviewed periodically; this is a video you should watch as often as once a year.
(Along with the other four DVDs, this one should also be shown to your spouse, kids or anyone else who has access to or carries a handgun for self-defense.)
Watch the trailer below:
Knowing how to act in a potentially violent situation is important for your physical safety and that of innocent third parties ... and for your own legal protection.
This final DVD is a bit of a departure because it allows you to start applying some of what you have learned in the previous lessons.
"Shoot/No-Shoot Scenarios" is basically a 2 hour test, comprised of a series of video vignettes shot from the viewer's point of view, designed to allow you to interact realistically with what you see on the television screen.
Here's how it works:
Take your real gun and make sure it is unloaded: Rack the slide multiple times, lock the slide and inspect the chamber. (Or, open the cylinder of your revolver, empty it, double check, etc.) Then, put it in your holster, stand in front of the TV screen, and cue the video training sessions.
At the end of each scenario, Mroz walks you through what just happened and what you should have done. You will learn to recognize types of threats and develop the appropriate actions and timing in response.
Each scenario is played out with multiple endings to reflect possible forks in the action.
You will learn quite a lot from watching and participating in these drills, more than can be listed here - but among the more important lessons are:
- To exercise discrimination in evaluating threats - because not every problem is a gun problem.
- Maintaining the proper mindset, and knowing the proper verbal expressions and physical signals you should deliver.
- Getting over the customary "polite" reactions that may in fact put us in danger.
- Evaluating "disparity in force" situations.
- And most importantly: knowing and understanding the rules of force, and being able to implement these rules reflexively.
Watch the trailer below:
WHILE YOU CAN PURCHASE THEM ONE AT A TIME, YOU ALMOST CERTAINLY WILL WANT MORE THAN ONE OF THESE VIDEOS: TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE GREAT DISCOUNTS ON THE FOLLOWING "ARMED RESPONSE" DVD BUNDLES.
This bundle contains the first three DVDs, covering all the "how-to" mechanics of carrying and using your handgun for potential combat-type situations.
It contains nearly 8 hours of instruction, and once you start watching you will wonder how you got this far without knowing so much critical information.
Why delay? You know you are going to want all five of the training videos.
By purchasing them together, you save a whopping $50 off the regular retail price, and you will have the complete package of over 11 hours of handgun self-defense and combat training lessons from David Kenik and Ralph Mroz.
The DVD product presents more than 55,000 guns and ammo, including new 2012 guns, from 500 manufacturers worldwide. Manufacturers come from 38 countries so you'll be able to find guns from USA, EU, Russia, Ukraine, Singapore, South Africa, Israel, UAE, Indonesia, China, Bulgaria, Korea, Romania, Philippines, Brazil, Argentina, Pakistan, Croatia, etc.
Firearms Guide now presents fully automatic MILITARY GUNS -- machine guns, heavy machine guns submachine guns, assault rifles and automatic pistols.
Here are some of the unique features:
•Presents over 55,000 models of firearms, airguns and ammo from 500 manufacturers from 38 countries!
•Now with MILITARY GUNS -- machine guns, submachine guns, assault rifles, automatic pistols
•Computer searchable with 14 different search criteria! Find your gun in a second!
•Presents models with tech specs – high-resolution color pictures – with prices!
•Over 36,000 high-resolution color pictures in resolution up to 6636 x 1492!
•Up to 12 pictures per model! Zoom in to see smallest details!
•Guns are presented in different finishes, stock types and stock materials!
•Exclusive U.S. and EU bespoke guns with price tags up to $1,000,000!
•Interlinked ammo and gun database! Check the stopping power of each firearm with just one click.
•SCHEMATICS LIBRARY – presents amazing 3,000+ gun schematics or diagrams with parts lists from 268 manufacturers. Zoom in to see smallest gun parts and print out any schematic!
•FFL LOCATOR – find any gun dealer in USA by license type or ZIP code
•500 PRINTABLE TARGETS – Choose type and print and shoot as many as you like!
•US-EU CALIBER CHART – Convenient US-EU caliber conversion chart
•On DVD For Windows XP, Vista and 7. Works directly from DVD. Needs no installation or internet connection.
BONUS on DVD: FNH Ballista Precision Sniper Rifle -- new 2012 made in Germany sniper rifle for police and military.
The gun 'bible':
With American families facing crime, terrorism and an uncertain future, WND is doing its part to bolster homeland security – by offering one of the most practical and authoritative books on armed self-defense available, at 25% off!
There's more to responsible and effective gun ownership than possession and a few trips to the local gun range. While important, this all has to do with "hardware." But as legendary police firearms instructor Massad Ayoob explains in this book's foreword, one must also be aware of the "software" – meaning the mindset behind owning and carrying a gun.
"Armed Response" is a comprehensive guide for using firearms for defense before, during, and after a life-threatening assault. From learning what to ask yourself before deciding to carrying a gun, how to choose a gun that's right for you, what to look for in holsters, how to carry a concealed gun, proper training techniques, and the legal issues and implications of using of lethal force, "Armed Response" is, by far, the most complete resource available.
The culmination of hard-learned experience and instruction from internationally recognized use-of-force instructors, "Armed Response" offers valuable real-life lessons about preparing to face a lethal threat, winning a gun fight, and surviving the ensuing court battle, information that cannot be found outside of expensive tactical training schools.
"Armed Response" is organized into succinct, compact-sized chapters that can be quickly and easily read. A few of the chapters include:
- The need for Empty Hand Skills
- Responsible use of Lethal Force
- Beyond the Basics of Gun Handling
- Revolvers versus Semi-Automatics and Handgun Selection
- Concealed Carry and Alternative Carry Concepts
- Ammunition Options and Stopping Power
- Consequences of a Shooting
- Rules for a Gunfight
"Armed Response' is a must-read for every gun owner." – Alan Gottlieb, founder, Second Amendment Foundation
"This book is written for those who have taken upon themselves the ultimate responsibility, the protection of the ones we love." – Gun Week
"An excellent starting text for the first-time gun-owner or the citizen just beginning to explore armed self-defense." – Massad Ayoob, director, Lethal Force Institute
"Defending the family against a terrorist or criminal is not the same as shooting a paper target, thus firearm enthusiasts need direction if they are to be successful at their defensive goals. They will set off on the right track and find everything they need in this book. I recommend it highly." – Gabe Suarez, internationally recognized authority on reality-based combat training.