HELP THE LAKOTA SIOUX SAVE THEIR SACRED LAND! -- THE BATTLE IS NOT OVER YET! SIGN THE PETITION !
More Recent Stories
- A PRAYER FOR AMERICA
- 'MYSTERIES OF RADIANCE UNFOLDED' - 'ALL IS RADIANCE' - PHOENIX JOURNAL 74- Introduction
- BREAKTHROUGH TECHNOLOGY IN THE HEALTH INDUSTRY (with Comment by PHB)
- OBAMACARE CASE REVIEW: DOJ IS FLIP FLOPPING
- SANANDA: THE VOICE OF TRUTH SHALL BE HEARD THROUGHOUT THE LAND / with Italian Translation
- 'FOOTSTEPS INTO TRUTH - UNCOVERING LIES AND FRAUD ABOUT GOD AND MAN' - PHOENIX JOURNAL #91-CHAPTER 15 - 'The Coming Police State'
- ~ALTERNATIVE HEALTH CARE~
- RETIRED 4 STAR ADMIRAL BLOWS WHISTLE ON BENGHAZI [EXACTLY]
- US DOLLAR COLLAPSE AND JAPAN'S SHAM CURRENCY WAR: THE HIDDEN AGENDA BEHIND JAPAN'S KAMIKAZE QUANTITATIVE EASING
- EXPOSED: ANGELINA JOLIE PART OF A CLEVER CORPORATESCHEME TO PROTECT BILLION BRCA GENE PATENTS, INFLUENCE SUPREME COURT DECISION(opinion)
- FUKUSHIMA FALLOUT THREAT AND COVER UP CONTINUES
- TOXIC ARSNIC FOUND IN 90% OF CHICKEN MEAT
- MASSIVE TAX FRAUD LOOP HOLE
- ← Holder facing liberal backlash over AP records grab DOJ on ‘gays’: ‘Silence will be interpreted as disapproval’ → 41 17 101 Print Friendly and PDF IRS ‘knocked tea party off its mission’
- How About Some Truth? 'The Truth is America is being led down a road of total destruction by the one who sits in the White House.'
- Congressman gets standing O for nailing IRS chief
- Monsanto and Other GM Firms are Winning in the US – and Globally
- Faking the News: The Benghazi Emails Scandal
- Paul Ryan: IRS Withheld Information From Congress
- 10 Amazing Charts That Demonstrate The Death Of The American Worker
Help Us Grow
- DICK ACT of 1902 . . . CAN'T BE REPEALED (GUN CONTROL FORBIDDEN) The Trump Card Enacted by the Congress Further Asserting the Second Amendment as Untouchable
- ANOTHER HIDDEN SECRET IN OBAMACARE 'RFID CHIP IMPLANTS'
- COLORADO MASSACRE LINKED TO HISTORIC BANK FRAUD
- ILLULMINATI CABAL FLEE BY THE HUNDREDS AS MASS ARESTS AWAIT THEM FROM STATES BECOMING FREE FROM THE FED....
- Can a Land Patent SAVE YOUR HOME? - Even if you are NOT in foreclosure?
49,967 signers. Let's reach 50,000 (Check the site for the number, as this is a live count)
Why this is important
The seven bands of the Lakota/Dakota/Nakota Oyate (people) aka Oceti Sakowin (Great Sioux Nation) have a collective effort to buy as much of Pe'Sla as we can at this auction (although we also believe that the land cannot be owned and that our sacred places were illegally taken by the United States). Yet we are trying to work within the current U.S. laws to regain custody of our sacred sites and prevent future road and industrial development.
Our sacred ways must be protected and passed on to our future generations so that our children may live. This area of the Paha Sapa (Black Hills) is also home to many plants and animals who should also be protected. In fact, many consider that the area should possibly be a historical site, which would also assist in protecting it from future development as well. As Lakota people, our ancestors prayed here, at Pe' Sla, at certain times of year, when the stars aligned. We cannot go elsewhere to pray. We were meant to pray here.
We have a group of young professional Native people that are dedicated to the promotion of education, health, leadership, and sovereignity among our indigenous Nations. Our goal is to assist in any way possible the purchase of Pe' Sla by a collective effort of the seven bands of the Oceti Sakowin (Great Sioux Nation) - the Lakota/Dakota/Nakota people. All proceeds from this campaign will go towards that effort. This area would be open to tribal nations for ceremonial purposes. The plants, animals, water, and air in the area would be respected and honored.
For more information please visit:
We are hoping to buy as much of the land that is being put up for auction as possible. The total amount of land is 1,942.66 acres which is in 5 tracts (300 - 440 acres each). It is diffcult to say how much this land would be sold for as developers may increase the true western "value". The Rosebud Sioux Tribe has designated $50,000 for the purpose of purchasing Pe' Sla land. By contributing to the effort of all the Sioux Tribes, we aim to purchase at least some of the tracts, if not all. Many of the Sioux Tribes continue to exist in poverty and do not have a thriving casino-based economy as the media may have portrayed. Yet we continue to fight for what is sacred, because it matters!
"Let us put our minds together and see what life we can make for our children." Chief Sitting Bull, 1877
Related in this Category
- Let Us Not Forget The Native People Of This Country
- Essence of the American spirit
- THE ARROGANCE OF IGNORANCE: HIDDEN AWAY, OUT OF SIGHT AND OUT OF MIND
- The Soul of the Indian
- 'HE'S THE HOPE OF ALL NATIONS': RARE WHITE BUFFALO NAMED
- SPECIAL REQUEST FROM THE NATIVE BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE SOUTHWEST
- [DrRichBoylanReports] request from a Native Elder for help with sacred work
- Why We Don't Need Big Government & the Welfare State
- RUSSELL MEANS: WELCOME TO THE RESERVATION
- Final Warning
- Coup dâ€™Ă©tat - The Historical Framework of Globalization
- HOPI AND OTHER INDIAN PROPHECIES
- Background on President Obama's Claims Resolution Act Signing Ceremony Dec. 8, 2010
- President Obama Signs the Claims Resolution Act of 2010
- OBAMA SIGNS MEASURE FUNDING BLACK FARMERS SETTLEMENT
- Obama to sign historic settlement to black farmers
- Hopi Way of Life on Verge of Being Lost
- Native American farmers and USDA reach settlement
- The Arrogance of Ignorance: Hidden Away, Out of Sight and Out of Mind
- The Ten Commandments of the Native American Indians