Our wildlife is depending on you...
Jamie Rappaport Calrk, Defenders of Wildlife
New threats to our wildlife are looming on the horizon...
- At any moment, wolf management could be handed over to Wyoming officials -- allowing wolves to be shot-on-sight throughout most of the state.
- Extremists in Congress are threatening to undermine the Endangered Species Act by legislatively delisting hundreds of imperiled species -- the biggest threat to endangered wildlife in years.
- Rising temperatures continue to melt away the Arctic ice that polar bears need to survive -- scientists predict that without immediate action, these arctic icons could disappear in just a few short decades.
Thanks to the support of people like you, we've helped bring bison back to eastern Montana, protected polar bear homes by stopping another attempt to drill in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and expanded our pioneering work to keep wolves out of harm's way in the Northern Rockies.
Your tax-deductible contribution to the 2012 Annual Fund will help Defenders…
- Fight on the ground, in the courts and in Congress to ensure that our endangered wildlife is protected;
- Post rewards to catch those who illegally kill our most vulnerable wildlife;
- Continue our pioneering on-the-ground coexistence work to keep wolves and other predators out of harm's way through non-lethal methods of preventing livestock depredation; and
- Much, much more.
Jamie Rappaport Clark
Defenders of Wildlife
P.S. Please make your contribution to Defenders' 2012 Annual Fund through our secure website. Or call 1-800-385-9712 to donate by phone.