Make a dent in the universe
We have 10 years to complete an undertaking that will define us for generations to come. It’s our mosaic of parks, refuges and national forests protected in their unspoiled splendor for all time.
We will be remembered for what we saved and protected, not for the roads we built … or the holes we dug … or the shopping malls we erected.
Meet the Magnificent Seven
Our top priorities are seven wild landscapes that represent the full spectrum of nature at its best. Within them, we find the Magnificent Seven — seven of the most endangered wildlands in America:
- Teshekpuk Lake in Alaska's Western Arctic Reserve
- Desolation Canyon in the eastern Utah section of the Colorado Plateau
- Yakima Basin, located in the North Cascades in Washington State
- The Mahoosuc Range, part New England’s Northern Forest landscape
- The Rocky Mountain Front in Montana, part of the Crown of the Continent
- The Dinkey Area, located east of Fresno, Calif., in the Sierra National Forest
- Pisgah National Forest in the Great Smoky Mountains of western North Carolina
TWS is working with local communities and diverse partners to permanently protect these special places for all Americans and future generations.
Protecting our children’s future
Every generation confronts pressures to mine, develop or destroy the wild. For more than 75 years, our job has been to speak for future generations and for the wildlands that have no voice of their own.
Once these places are gone, they are gone forever. Thank you for all you do to protect the wild.
The Wilderness Society