Just In: New sinkhole flyover footage shows largest growth yet — No more grass road above pipeline — Many trees collapsing (VIDEO & PHOTOS)
I worked for seven years in consultative marketing of bio-remediation of hazardous waste, primarily hydrocarbons. Bullet point #7… “•Ensure total remediation of the entire site” is BS. There isn’t enough money, manpower, and cooperation from the oil companies to re-mediate the condition that has developed in Bayou Corne; and, it is not over. The land and the water in that area are poisoned virtually forever. Anyone living within a mile of the sinkhole should be evacuated due to the Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs)….”fumes” as layman might say.
This is not a unique event. Sinkholes caused by salt dome failures due to oil industry operations are common worldwide. But, this time these greedy bastards have screwed the pooch. The/their “Plan” appears to look as though the authorities have the matter in hand. The truth is they don’t have a clue how to stop what’s happening because there is no way to stop it. The edge of the salt dome is irreparably damaged…GFL.
Assumption Parish Long Range Plan
• Conducting testing of investigatory well to determine cavern condition and root cause
• Scientific Group conference calls/meetings will be scheduled weekly to review new data and issues that arise
• Continue source investigation and file review
• Evaluate results of monitoring data and take necessary action
• Monitor operations at investigatory well and sink hole (day light hours)
• Staff on standby to assist incident commander
• Ensure total remediation of the entire site *
*Editor's note: This is impossible.
• Continue to pursue landowner access agreements
• Implement Shaw E&I’s Plan of Action
• Install observation/vent wells as necessary
• Install geoprobe observation wells as necessary
• Conduct industrial well sampling weekly and bubble sites as reported.
• Dome operators to identify presence of natural gas and vent as necessary
• Ensure Texas Brine fully complies with the Commissioner of Conservation’s Order dated 11
• Continue to conduct sampling on air and water in area of operation
• Total remediation of the entire site
• Continue to conduct hazard assessment monitoring with APSD in resident homes and properties when requested.