How Evil Works: David Kupelian continues unraveling dark side of human behavior
|Despite the human race's extraordinary capacity for invention and progress, we clearly have a millennia-old blind spot in one all-important area. We don't understand evil – what it is, how it works, and why it so routinely and effortlessly ruins our lives. Put another way, we don't understand ourselves."
— David Kupelian, from "How Evil Works"
|"With the unapologetic outrage of a saint and the fearless fury of a General Patton, here comes David Kupelian turning a blowtorch of good upon the putrid cobwebs of evil."— Barry Farber (legendary radio talk-show host)|
Released this week by Simon & Schuster (Threshold Editions), "How Evil Works" – subtitled "Understanding and Overcoming the Destructive Forces That Are Transforming America" – made its official national debut on the Sean Hannity Radio Show on Tuesday.
In "How Evil Works," the best-selling author of "The Marketing of Evil" probes the ancient question of evil through a modern journalist's eye, once again demonstrating his uncanny knack for demystifying complex, elusive and intimidating subjects with fresh insights into the hidden mechanisms of seduction, corruption and power politics. Diving into today's most electrifying news stories – from terrorism and school shootings to high-profile sex scandals and political dysfunction – Kupelian explores such profoundly troubling questions as:
- What's really going on in Washington, D.C., today? (The Marxist strategy of manufacturing and exploiting crises is the central operating principle of the Obama presidency.)
- How does terrorism really work? (It's intended not just to frighten and intimidate, but to reprogram our beliefs, per the Stockholm Syndrome.)
- Why are big lies more believable than little ones? (Everyone tells little white lies, but not big, bold, audacious ones, and so they assume others wouldn't either – an assumption world-class liars use to their great advantage. More importantly, big lies possess an inherent power to upset us – triggering a key control mechanism.)
- Why are neo-pagan and New Age religions like Wicca becoming so popular? (America's increasing disillusionment with Christianity has created a giant cultural and spiritual vacuum, into which alternative religions are being drawn.)
- Why do so many entertainment celebrities that "have it all" – talent, fame, good looks, wealth, influence – end up self-destructing? (Being worshipped like gods is similar to taking a potent, intensely pleasurable drug like cocaine – it feels good for a time, but inevitably causes tremendous problems.)
- Why are boys doing worse in school today than girls? (As America becomes increasingly "feminized," boys, men and masculinity are being subtly but seriously maligned.)
- Why do we treat mental-emotional-spiritual problems like rage and depression with drugs? (We've been seduced by secular medical "experts" who tell us what all egos love to hear: "It's not your fault.")
"Using today's most sensational news stories as a starting point," writes Kupelian in the book's introduction, "together we will explore the actual mechanics, the inner workings, the 'operating system' of this most vexing and under-examined part of all our lives."
Now here's the good news: "Once we really understand how evil works – not just in the disasters and mega-crimes that dominate the headlines, but in our own lives as well – evil actually loses much of its power over us, and the way out becomes more clear. Thus, 'How Evil Works.' bears a powerful message of genuine hope."
David Kupelian is an award-winning journalist and managing editor of online news giant WorldNetDaily.com as well as its monthly newsmagazine, Whistleblower. His bestselling book "The Marketing of Evil," currently in its 11th printing, has become a modern classic, widely praised for its uncommonly clear and powerful explanation of exactly what has gone wrong in America – and why.
WND founder and editor Joseph Farah says this about "How Evil Works": "Thoreau said 'There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.' In his tour de force 'How Evil Works,' WND Managing Editor David Kupelian strikes at evil's root with devastating effectiveness, building on the revelations in his classic best-seller 'The Marketing of Evil.' No library is complete without both the original and the dazzling sequel."
And No. 1 New York Times bestselling author Jerome R. Corsi, Ph.D., says: "'How Evil Works' is fresh, original, and startlingly insightful. David Kupelian reveals the hidden mechanisms that allow lies and deception to take root in modern America. A truly important book."
You May Also Like These Items:
'Marketing of Evil' AUDIOBOOK!
Listen to David Kupelian read his culture-war classic
It remains, year after year, one of the most talked-about and polarizing books on America's raging culture war – praised as essential reading by major Christian and Jewish leaders, while simultaneously being condemned, banned and the object of vicious legal persecution.
Now, after many requests, WND Managing Editor David Kupelian has recorded his blockbuster book, "The Marketing of Evil," as a 4-CD audiobook for WND Books, available exclusively from WorldNetDaily, pending its national release early in 2010.
"Listening to David read 'The Marketing of Evil,' one experiences a whole new dimension to this remarkable book," said Joseph Farah, founder and CEO of WND Books. "This new, high-quality audio production delivers four-and-a-half hours of fascinating insight into exactly how our nation has been being systematically turned upside down – and how we can turn it right-side up again."
The book's enduring controversy is reflected in its nearly 250 Amazon reviews, some denouncing it as nothing short of evil itself:
Yet most of those Amazon reviews (almost 200 of them are 5-star) passionately praise the book as profoundly eye-opening and even life-changing:
Despite all the extremes of praise and condemnation, "The Marketing of Evil" simply explains, clearly and often dramatically, precisely how evil and corruption are so easily and successfully sold to us in modern America – and how we can wake up from this ongoing nightmare.
For a limited time, WND readers can receive "The Marketing of Evil Audiobook" – over four hours on 4 compact discs – for only $15.67. That's more than a third off the regular price of $24.99!