Sweden unveils artistic starting point for new notes
Sverigis Riksbank, Sweden's central bank, has unveiled the artistic starting point for its new series of banknotes. The competition concluded in April 2012 and the jury chose "Kulturresan/Cultural journey" as the winning design. The General Council of the Riksbank decided that Göran Österlund's entry "Kulturresan/Cultural journey" would form the artistic starting point for the new banknotes.
- 20 kronor: Astrid Lindgren, Småland
- 50 kronor: Evert Taube, Bohuslän
- 100 kronor: Greta Garbo, Stockholm
- 200 kronor: Ingmar Bergman, Gotland
- 500 kronor: Birgit Nilsson, Skåne
- 1000 kronor: Dag Hammarskjöld, Lappland
Courtesy of Marcus Jansson and Thomas Krause.